A few weeks ago, I wrote a post about all of the injuries that tend to happen while Caton is out of town. Well, we found out last night that for Weslie, those injuries arent exclusive to when her Daddy isnt around.
Caton and I were sitting on the couch, recounting our days to one another as Weslie was riding her "pony on wheels" around the house. Caton had his eye on her...and we were actually laughing about how much fun she was having riding it inside (as we dont have any carpet in our entire house...perfect for ride-on toys!!!). Then he turned back to me and about that time we heard a crash and a cry.
Caton got up and quickly picked Weslie up and I could hear it in his voice, "Oh Wes...are you okay?!?!"
We put her up on the counter to assess the damage...and at first, we thought it was just a busted lip. It looked as though her top teeth had cut her bottom lip up pretty badly...but nothing that we couldnt handle. Her nose was also bleeding a bit...but again, we were good with that.
Then I lifted up her top lip...and that's when I saw her right front tooth. It was bleeding alot and had been hit so hard that it wasnt in its original position. I touched it - it was loose...and that's when I started to freak out. All these thoughts of having a two year old with no front tooth (for the next 5 years) ran through my mind. It was terrible. So with only minutes until they closed, we threw the kids in the car and sped up to the UrgentCare center. We literally walked in as the guy was coming to lock the door. They informed us that they didnt do any type of work on the mouth...and that if we wanted to see a doctor that night, that we would need to go to the emergency room. So after talking with one of the nurses there...we determined that we would just take her home and try to get her into our dentist in the morning.
We called Aunt Amy (who works at an orthodontics's office) and she told us to try and push the tooth back in...and that really either Weslie's body would re-attach around the tooth...or that it wouldnt and that the tooth would have to come out. But she assured me that the doc would have to put something in its place so that the bone would grow properly around the tooth.
So we drugged Wes up and Caton pushed the tooth back in. Wes screamed, but to be honest, it did look better after her did it. Then we put her to bed.
After she woke up this morning, the tooth looks almost back to its original position. I think that Weslie having her paci in all night may have helped to keep the tooth up in her gums - weird, I know. We also have an appointment to see our dentist this afternoon. They said that while there wasnt much that they could actually do about it...they like to keep an eye on it to see if the tooth begins to die or if her body re-accepts it. Lets pray that it is the later of the two scenarios.
Never a dull moment is all I can say. AND we are about to add another one to the mix...heaven help us!!!
2 comments:
Oh my!!! Poor little girl! Will be saying a prayer that the tooth heals itself (which is so good to know, because I have a feeling we will be facing this situation at some point in our future too!lol!)
I can relate to the tooth problems. I knocked my front one out 16 years ago and long story short, when they put it back in they didn't do a root canal immediately and my root started deteriorating. Well over time it has continued to "disappear" and about 5 weeks ago I broke what little root I had left and they had to pull it and dig out all the bone, root canal material and any root that was left. They are having to let my gums heal and whatnot, so I haven't had a front tooth for 5 weeks now....only a "retainer" filled with bonding that makes it look like I have a front tooth. It's been quite the adventure and I still have about 8 months of work ahead of me. Hopefully Wes' heals properly...at least it's her baby tooth and not her permanent one like mine was!!
Post a Comment