Monday, November 15, 2010

While Daddy's Away....

Being a coach's wife is rough. There are many, many times that you are alone - well...I mean, without your spouse. I am rarely alone without my crazies...but you get what I mean. And it seems that if something is going to happen...its going to happen while Caton is out of town. Kade busted his eye...Caton was out of town. Weslie got admitted to the hospital with pneumonia...Caton was out of town. Weslie busted her chin and had to get stitches...Caton was out of town. The list goes on. And I say this, not to demean or guilt my husband...but to illustrate just how much a coach's wife has on her shoulders.

So this weekend...it was Weslie's chin. Being that I am 9 months pregnant (well maybe only 8, but really, at this point...it all feels like 9), I have left the bathing duties of the children up to Caton. But with unseasonable warm temperatures on Friday...and the kids smelling alittle funky on Saturday morn...I decided to give them a bath. (That was apparently my first mistake.)

While getting Weslie out of the tub, I placed her hooded towel on her head then proceeded to wrap her up in said towel. But while I was drying off her legs, somehow she fell and hit her face on the tub. I quickly scooped her up and examined her mouth...as she kept saying, "My yips, Momma...my yips hurt." (Her lips). So not finding any blood, we went to her room to get her dressed.

It was then that I noticed blood running down her neck. Upon further examination, I found this on her chin:

After texting this picture to multiple people...asking if they thought if we needed to go for stitches...I decided that I would take Wes to the UrgentCare center. So we all got ready...and off we went. Once I checked her in...and they saw that we were there for a busted chin, they had us see the doctor right away to determine if she would need stitches or not. He said that she would probably need two and the nurses outfitted Wes with this handy-dandy:

It was just gauze that they had put some numbing gel on. They reapplied the gel every 15 minutes for an hour...then it was go time. At first Weslie was terrified about having to lay back...but the nurses were awesome and started talking to her about Halloween, and having a baby brother or sister and soon she wasnt even crying (as the doctor sewed her chin up.) I mean, I know they actually sew stitches...but to see it being done...on your baby...was rough. The doc actually stopped at one point to make sure that I was going to be okay :-)

Anyways, we walked away with these two beauties:

two suckers, and two toys. Weslie has been in great spirits since then...you wouldnt even know otherwise.

Who would have ever thought that she would be the first one to get stitches?!?!

No comments: