The following conversation via texts just confirms that I did, indeed, marry a meathead…
Caton: Can you call the phone company and tell them we have a line down in our back yard
Me: What? Phone or power?
Caton: Its up high so think phone. Call both just in case. Most power is under ground though. I touched and didn’t die so maybe phone.
Me: WHAT???? Why did you touch it?!?! What if it had been power???
Caton: Well, it looked like a dog cable.
Me: What’s dog cable?
Me: What does it look like in case they ask me?
Caton: A cable to hook a dog up to. Black.
Me: Oh. Are you sure that’s not what it was?
I then called the power company…and come to find out, it is indeed a phone line.
But really, who in their right mind would pick up a wire without knowing what it was?!?! Today could have been the day that we lost Caton!!! Thank goodness his detective work concluded that the “dog cable” look alike was a phone line!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment