Friday, September 3, 2010

PreK, School, and Work

This week...has been the week of firsts. I started my new job...which ROCKS!!! My boss is awesome and I am going to be learning a bunch of interesting things about how the entire medical world works - including medical malpractice (that is the part that I am super excited about!!!) We actually have a case that will probably go to trial some time this fall...and I couldnt be more excited about it!!!

Another first was Weslie going to daycare without her big brother. We decided to finally split the two crazies up...and Weslie is attending her "own school." Wednesday, she cried...and it literally broke my heart. She was sobbing, "I go with you, Mommy!!!" It was super hard to leave her...but when I returned, I was happy to see that she was smiling and having a great time. Thursday was alittle better...as I let her bring one of her favorite babies with her...there were still a few tears...but the baby made it better. And then, this morning...no tears...and she went right to the morning teacher. She had a great three days, and I think she is going to be just fine (even without the protection of her big brother.)

And speaking of that big brother...he started in a real-life preschool program on Wednesday. Like the kind where you wear uniforms and eat lunch and take naps and everything. Caton and I looked around at all the preschool options for Kade...and decided that the Catholic preschool option would be our choice. And we are so excited that we did. Kade LOVES it!!! He didnt even look back when I dropped him off the first day. Just kinda waved bye and ran off to play with some of the "hundred friends" that he made throughout the day.

Here are some pics that we took of our big boy in his uniform...


We love his teachers and he seems to love every second of going to school. Everyday, they bring home their folders and I take a look at what all is inside. Today I found this note:

I thought that is was so sweet for her to take the time to write us this sweet note. It makes me feel even more comfortable about sending Kade there.

Now we are vamping up for the first WKU football game. We play Nebraska...which at a pre-season rank of #8...could be a tough opponent. But maybe they are underestimating the 'Toppers?? Maybe??

Oh, and then on Sunday...we are REALLY looking forward to Caton having the day off - which hasnt happened in about 5 years!!! I dont even know how to even think about him being home with us on the weekend...DURING FOOTBALL SEASON!!!

But that's just one of the many reasons that we made this move. Just solidifies that we made the right decision in coming back to the "Hill."

1 comment:

Riley Kai said...

So glad everyones settling in and loving it! God really knows what He's doing doesn't He?!