But as some friends do...we grew up and grew apart. We attended different high schools, different colleges, and now live in different states. But our friendship is still intact. While we dont talk everyday, or even every week...I know that she is one of the people in my life that if I needed something - she would be there. And her parents are the same way. If I ever needed something...they would be there for me - even now, almost 30 years later...I know they love me like their own.
But for their love to extend to my children is something that I never expected. On Saturday, in the mail, we received this:
Its a hand-made wooden bench with Weslie's initial in the top. When Kade was just over a year, we received one for him as well. This along with a 4 page letter on the history of the wood that it was made with and different memories of my father left me in tears trying to find the words to explain to Caton what it all meant to me.
To know that my "second family" loves my kids means the world to me...but to see and hold something made with such love and craftsmanship (that expresses just how much they love my kids) is unexplainable. But this picture pretty much sums up how Weslie (and I both) feel about her new bench:

Thank you Mr. Mike and Mrs. S...we love and miss you soooo much!!!
3 comments:
That is wonderful! :)
thats really cool and thoughtful
How beautiful and they are wonderful people. Aunt J
Post a Comment