Sunday, March 14, 2010

Caton's 33rd

This weekend was Caton's 33rd birthday. And in our house...you dont just get one day for your birthday...you get a whole weekend (or week in some cases.) Anyways, our weekend was filled with lots of family time, time with friends, and lots of celebrating Caton.

On Friday, Caton picked the kids up from daycare while I left work and went to the grocery store. (There is a whole 'nother post about this....so stay tuned.) I got home just in time to eat dinner with the kids and Caton before he had to leave to go to the baseball game. (Normally, the kids and I would have gone too...but the weather this weekend was nasty - rainy and chilly - so we decided to stay home.)

On Saturday, Caton was up early to get his lift on before football practice...so the kids and I got up and lounged around waiting to go to Kade's soccer practice. Caton met us there, then we came home to start the birthday celebration. We gave Caton his presents from us (as he already received a lifting bar from his parents, my mom, his grandma, and his aunt/uncle.) He got some new shirts and this:

I made a shadow box for him to display all of his Bowl rings. Right now he has a total of 9 (but only 7 are in the box because there is one at his parent's house and he has yet to receive the one from this past football season....but there are plenty of spaces for those two that are missing and more!!!)

Then, Saturday afternoon, Caton was off to another baseball game while the kids napped and I made this:

Caton's fav is cookie cake...and while mine might not be the most professional looking...we all thought it tasted like perfection (and at a fourth of the cost of a "real" cookie cake...it was too hard to pass up.)

Once Caton made it home from the game...we got all dolled up and headed to dinner with some of our friends. Caton chose to eat at a Hibachi grill here in town that we had been hearing rave reviews about...so me, being on the ball and all - I made us all reservations so that we wouldnt have to wait to be seated. We pulled right up, walked right in, and got seated at a grill (we actually didnt quite fill up the table, so another couple was sat with us...and they were really fun...AND the guy had the same first name as Caton!!!)

Here we are waiting for everyone to get there (and this is one of Caton's new shirts)...

me and Jana...

Our cook left alittle to be desired in the personality department...but we made the most of it. At one point he throws some food at different people and they are supposed to catch it in their mouth...Caton caught his on the second try (after banging his head on the wall behind him trying to catch the first piece)...

And I...well, lets just say that the cook couldnt quite aim it very well...as one piece ended up in my hair...and the other down my shirt!!! But all in all, it was a great dinner. Lots of laughs and lots of food. Then at the end, they brought out this dessert:

...and they also took a pic of our whole group, printed it and put it in a frame for us.

Then on Sunday, the kids and I finally sang "Happy Birthday" to Caton just as the match that we were using as a candle burned out. So Caton and the kids improvised and blew out the already burned out match. I cooked some dinner and we all had cookie cake for dessert.

Happy Birthday Caton...we love you soo much!!!

2 comments:

Riley Kai said...

What a fun weekend! (and Happy Bday Caton!) I have been thinking about a shadow box for Rex's rings too. Although, he doesn't have near as many,lol! I love yours!Where did you find it? I need details!

KK said...

I LOVE the picture of you and Keith! Send me the orig. I need to put it in a frame. You both look great! March (Birthday) Madness has begun! This year the celebration goes into April! Can't Wait!