When do you know that its time to take your kids to the doctor?? I mean, if all the doc is going to do is treat their symptoms...why take them in at all?? I can administer acetaminophen and fluids.
Anyways.
Kade came and got in our bed last night (which he does pretty regularly) and as I reached over to hold hands with him (which is our "little thing" while he is laying with us) I noticed he was burning up. I mean, HOT to the touch. So I got up and went to get the thermometer and the Tyl3nol. His temp registered 102.7. Yea...I know. So we medicated him up and went back to sleep.
Then, when we finally got up this morning...the girl was hot too. Her temp wasnt nearly as high...but still a temp nonetheless. So she got medicine too.
They layed around for most of the day...well, until the meds kicked in...then they were my wild hooligans again. But about every 4 hours...the fever returns. Then the turn into whiny/puny sickies until I can re-medicate them.
So I guess we will probably be staying home again tomorrow...maybe we'll get lucky and it will just be a 24 hour bug?!?!
We can only hope.
1 comment:
thank god my kids havent sick like this in a while. my oldest has allergies but thats about it.
actually the last time any of them were sick was last october when my middle chile had the swine flu....and no thats not where i got the inspiration for that one silly post...i guess they're all silly, but you know what i mean ; )
Post a Comment