Last year at this time, we were just finding out the news about Weslie's condition. We could have never imagined that she had a stroke!!! I mean, A STROKE?!?! Doesnt that only happen to older people???
Anyways, we started on a therapuetic journey for our little girl...seeking out the best in care and jumping in with two feet (even though she was only 7 months and couldnt even stand yet.) And now, a year later...we are seeing HUGE gains.
What was once a hand that stayed closed in a fist
(as seen in this video), is now a hand that can hold puzzle pieces...

...and sippy cups...

...and small shampoo bottles...

She even spontaneously chose to use her right hand the other night to hold a pen!!! Even though, Weslie still has tons more therapy in her future...and we still dont know the extent of the stroke's effect...we rejoice that she has come such a long way. I know these are such small accomplishments, but for Weslie, they are huge!!!
And while, we still have no idea why she had the stroke...or if it will ever happen again...we are so thankful for everyday that we get to spend with our sweet girl.

...oh, and our sweet boy!!!

(The lady in the pics with Weslie is our OT...Kim. She is so awesome!!! I know without a doubt, that Weslie would not be doing the things she is doing without the love and support from Kim. Weslie is so lucky to have her as her OT...and we are so lucky to say that Kim is indeed part of our family!!!)
3 comments:
What a sweet little blessing! We continue to pray for her healing and restoration:-)
Weslie looks great!! Kim is so awesome. She was always my favorite OT!! I am glad I was able to get you hooked up with her. Tell Kim I said hi!! Keep up the good work Weslie!!
Yay Wes! (and Kade!)
Post a Comment