Sunday, April 19, 2009

Mike VI and McDonalds

Around lunchtime, we decided to take a trip out to LSU's campus to see Mike VI (the tiger). Kade was able to see him back in December when we were there for Amy's graduation...and loved it...so I wanted to take him to see Mike VI again.

But since it was such a hot day...Mike stayed asleep in the shade the entire time we were there. Kade kept yelling, "Wake up, Mike!!" but it didnt work...Mike snoozed right through it.

The kids at the habitat...


Uncle Aaron helping Kade see Mike...

Mommy and the kids by the statue...

...and one with the birthday girl in it too...


After we left, we decided to grab some lunch at McDonalds. I would have been fine with just taking it home...but Kate and Aaron took us to a McD's with a playground. Kade was in heaven...and I think Kate and Aaron were NOT prepared for the craziness that is a McDonald's playground (remember that they only have one child that is only 6 weeks old!!).

We arrived to find there were already about 10 other kids playing...and using their utmost outside voices. I found a high chair for Weslie, took Kade's shoes so he could go play, and went with Aaron to get our food. Upon returning to the table, Aaron sat his tray alittle too close to Weslie...so she grabbed Kate's nuggets...and dropped them onto the floor. Aaron had a look of defeat once he realized what had happened. So I took the pack back up to the counter...explained that the one year old dumped them out...and they gave me a new pack.

While eating lunch, we made a few observations about the playground...
  1. it had never been cleaned...ever
  2. they were using a part of it (that the kids couldnt get to) for the storage of boxes, i.e. a trash can
  3. the actual trash cans had not been dumped in about 3 days
  4. that Kate will "never allow Jackson to play in one of these"
  5. and that Uncle Aaron can only handle so much screaming.
Aaron and Kate ate as fast as they could and decided that they had had enough...and headed for home. I decided to stay to let Kade play for a while.

I mean, the filthy-ness is good for their immune system...right???

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And I'm still traumatized from what I'm calling the "McDonalds Playground Experience"!! I'm sure I'll be calling you from the same place in 3 years and you can remind me of how I swore I would never let him play there.