I couldnt peel them fast enough for Weslie!!! I would peel one, take a bite...leaving a small piece for her...and she would start yelling at me for more before I could get the next one peeled. Nevermind that they were spicy...she was hungry!!!
Kade on the otherhand was very concerned with "where dere eyes are Momma??" He definitely would not eat one...but he did hold one...

...notice the "not so enthused look on his face".
There was one other little boy there that Kade became fast friends with - playing ball, throwing plastic forks in the air...you know, all the typical boy stuff.
Weslie had a great time too. Her outfit was too cute to get messy, so I stripped her down to just her bloomers and let her go (of course, once Kade saw that, he had to have his shirt off too)...but it worked out and Mommy was just happy to eat some awesome seafood...and have to company of some awesome friends.

...and here is a pic of baby Jackson...he passed out after drinking too much (milk)...evidently he cant hang with his Momma!!! Ha!!!

Around 7 or so, it started to rain...and thinking that if the weatherman was correct...it would continue raining until well into Sunday. I decided to pack all of our stuff up and head back to Alabama that night (also, it would be easier for me to drive with sleeping children rather than with "just-woken-up-and-rarin'-to-go children.)
So we said our goodbyes to Aunt Kate, Uncle Aaron, and Jackson and headed back to their house to get packed up. I managed to pack everything, get it all in the car, AND give the kids baths and into their jammies in a matter of about 30 minutes.
So we got on the road alittle after 8 and ended up at KK's house right before 11. It was an easy ride as both kids were asleep well before we got out of Baton Rouge, and Mommy had the radio and calls from Caton to keep her company.
1 comment:
mmmm....crawfish! I am jealous!
Post a Comment