After returning from our walk, Weslie was ready for her nap...so I took her inside and laid her down, telling Kade that he and I could come back outside and play in the puddles.
You would have thought that I have given Kade a million dollars...or 4 pennies (which he thinks it "so much money").
Anyways, I told Kade that he could play in the puddles...and he had a great time running back and forth through them...




...until something caught his eye...and he proceeded to pick up every single rock in the puddle and bring them to me saying, "Keep dis one Momma...its special." To which I immediately threw them out into the road and said, "Dang it, Kade...I dropped it...find me another."

Then at one point, I turned around to Kade saying, "Here Momma...I picked dis for you." As he holds up a flower (root system and all) that he had pulled up from Uncle Aaron's flower bed. After stifling my laughter, I noticed that this isnt the first one that he has pulled up...nope, there were a total of 4 flowers missing. So I had Kade round them up from around the yard (where he had thrown them...evidently they werent good enough for his Momma ;-) ) and help me "re-plant" them back into the flowerbed telling Kade, "Oh Buddy...those are Uncle Aaron's flowers...we cant pull those up. Let's just put them back where you found them...and DO NOT tell Uncle Aaron that you did this, Okay?!?"
"Okay Momma...we no tell Uncle Aaron!! Can I pull this one?"

"Yep, pull all of those "flowers" that you want...I am sure Uncle Aaron wont mind that a bit!!!"
FYI: I did tell Kate about the flowers...to which she died laughing and agreed that we shouldnt tell Aaron...as he had spent all day last Saturday planting them!!! Hopefully, we replanted them well enough that he didnt notice...and that we didnt kill them in the process!!!
1 comment:
I'm still laughing at this!! And Aaron still doesn't know so our secret is safe LOL!
Post a Comment