Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Goodnight Sweetheart

So we all know that Weslie's Indian name would be "Weslie-no-sleepum"...but the winds, they are a changin'!!!

When we returned from Texas I decided that enough was enough. Weslie WOULD sleep through the night (or at least stay in her crib for the entire night) one way or another. And she has!!!

The first couple of nights were met with bouts of hysterical crying, standing in her crib, staring at her door, longing for someone to come and rescue her from the Sandman. But I stuck to my guns...and endured the hour long crying episodes...and she is doing MUCH better the past 2 nights.

Both nights she has gone to sleep rather easily and only woken up once in the night....no full-out crying...just whimpering and whining...then she goes right back to sleep!!! I am FINALLY getting the overdue sleep that I have been missing for oh, over 9 months now!!! It is awesome!!! I'm not, however, going to say that she is a "sleeper" just yet...wouldnt want to put the cart before the horse (or whatever that saying is.)

3 comments:

The Barnes Crew said...

YAY for all of you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I know that must be a big relief!

Rebecca Jo said...

Keep sticking to those guns!!!