Yes, my friends, the time has come for me to get back into the gym. And boy am I feeling it!!!
After Kade was born, I started a full-0n lifting regime...only to find that my milk supply drastically dropped....so much that we had to supplement with formula. So I cut back the weights and just focused on the cardio portion of my health. Then, while pregnant with Weslie, found that cardio wasnt even an option as my round ligament was so stretched that I was doing good to be walking around. And after she was born...knowing what I knew about starting back too rigorously, I just focused on cardio again.
But now, the time has come (insert dramatic theme music). With Weslie's first birthday on the horizon (at the beginning of April), I am confident that with the frozen supply of milk and what I can produce daily...that we will be able to make it a full year without having to use formula even if I start working out pretty hard again.
So Friday was the day. I found a program that I liked...that eased me back into the swing of things..and hit the gym after work. I felt GREAT!!!
Then on Sunday, while Caton worked out...we set up Weslie's pack-n-play and had Kade occupied with some toys, and I got another workout in. Again, I felt wonderful afterwards!!!
But today...I'm feelin' it!!! Its one of those, "the soreness feels great until I go to move..." kinda feeling. My legs are so sore that in order to sit to do my business...I have to hover, then just drop the last few inches (and hope that I hit my mark). My chest hurts so bad that lifting my arms to wash my hair was excruciating!!! (That would be why I have NO conditioner in my hair today as shampoo-ing was quite enough!!!)
But all in all, I LOVE IT!!! I am feeling better about myself and feeling better about making strides to change the way I look....even if that does mean I have to endure a few "bad" hair days in the process!!!

7 comments:
I'm so proud of you!! I know how hard it's been for you to NOT work out. I will never understand why you love to work out. I hate every minute of it. But nonetheless I am excited for you!! Who need conditioner anyway right?
Good for you girl...I'm proud of you!! Now we just need to get your friend to the gym! :)
YEAH!! Maybe we can workout together sometime and we can do the waddle walk from being sore!!! We should schedule a duathlon sometime after the weather gets better in April......I'm not big on swimming :)
Way to go! I've got to get back on a regular working out schedule. I have no excuse now that volleyball season is over.
Good for you!!! Keep hanging in there... pretty soon the soreness will be no more!!!!
Glad you're back to the bloggie world!
Yay, wish you were here to be my workout buddy! I have to admit, I'm sick...I love that sore feeling, too! It just tells me I'm making progress...
It's funny how much you hate and love the feeling of being sore! I must admitt I was a little jealouse when you described "doing your business", I really miss that!
Post a Comment