Tonight, I took the kids to the wrestling match....by myself. Caton headed to Kansas City to be able to lift with some of his buddies in the morning...so to pass the time, the kids and I headed to the match. Everything was going really well. Kade was acting relatively calm (for a 2 year old) and Weslie was being her typically charming self.
Then Kade came up and I noticed that he was smelly. So I handed Wes off to a girlfriend and took Kade to change his pants. Easy enough...poop never slowed us down before. Once the poop was changed, I agreed to Kade's relentless whining about wanting M&Ms. So back to our seats we trudge, me holding a Diet Coke and Kade holding his unopened bag of candy.
We get back to our seats and I open the top of the M&Ms. As I hand them to Kade I say, "OK, Bud...here they are. Be really careful not to drop..." As I hand them to him, he takes them and immediately turns the bag upsidedown sending all hundred M&Ms cascading down the concrete stairs of the arena. I literally just started laughing. I sat down in my seat and looked at Kade, who at this point, is starting to cry. So for half a second, I contemplated going back to the concession stand to get another $3.00 bag of candy...but then...
Kade reached down and started picking all of the M&Ms up. Yes he was putting them back into the bag...and yes he was eating some. But his tears had stopped and he was on a mission to get EVERY single one of them back into the bag. So, I let him. Sure a few of them had dirt and grim on them...and some of them had started to melt alittle...but hey, alittle dirt never hurt, right.
I am sure I heard some mothers sitting near me profess their disdain with me letting my child eat candy off the floor. There were a few "eewws" and "oh gross" and "(gasp) did he just eat that one off the floor?"...but I didnt care. Is that bad?? I guess I'll know if DFS comes a knockin'...

5 comments:
I don't think you are a bad mom at all. I grew up going to sporting events (it happens when you are a coach's kid) and I am sure I ate my fair share of things off the ground/stands. Just helps to build his immune system :) Now had they landed on the wrestling mat we might have to talk about that...
You are not a bad mom and a little dirt never hurt anyone:)I am sure Sienna will get her fair share.
No, no. I eat candy off the ground all.the.time. LOL jk.
All kids eat things off the ground - you're just lucky it was actual food and not dog poo!! Right? Plus you saved $3 and he didn't know the difference.
hey, I already chew food up and give it to Weslie, yes, its gross...but she doesnt care...actually, she loves it...poor girl, if she could just get some teeth!!!
I'm laughing at Diana's comment...and NO you are not a bad mother!
Post a Comment