Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Yep, I'm Their Pusher

We all know that Kade has been our "paci kid" from the jump. He has ALWAYS wanted/needed a paci...even to the point that he would hoard them and have one hanging from his shirt while holding one in each hand. And nothing has really changed...now he likes to take a paci that is "broken" (meaning that he has sucked on it so much that it has a tear in the latex) and rub it on his cheek (I guess it feels good.)

We even tried to do the whole you-can-only-have-a-paci-at-bedtime thing. And made him leave his pacis in his room during the day...only to find that he would stop what he was doing and run back to his room to "get a hit" off his paci. Then return to playing. It was quite silly.

Anyways, Weslie, on the other hand, has NOT been a paci kid...until now. She never really used one as a baby...and only recently would suck on her own pacis (as she does like to take Kade's away from him). So we have been humoring her, and have started to clip a paci to Weslie's outfit so that she will have hers on her.

As I took this pic the other night, I was asking Kade to hold Weslie to get a cute shot of them. This is what I got:

At the time I thought, okay, Weslie just doesnt want to sit still and is upset over Kade holding her. But take a closer look...Kade isnt concerned with holding his sister for a cute pic...he is trying to get her paci!!!

These are some of the shots that followed:

Notice in each that the paci is clipped on Weslie's shirt...but in Kade's mouth. Poor child, she cant even have her own paci to suck on. I mean, pacis are really like crack for kids...once they suck...they cant stop. Lord help us when we try to take the paci away from Kade. I asked him today if he wanted to take all of his pacis to the hospital and give them to all the babies...and he looked at me like I had three heads and said, "(Gasp) No Mommy...I keep them here!" Alrighty then.

But in the end, Weslie didnt care..."See momma, it's okay. I'll share my paci with Kade...just as long as he shares his toys with me!!!"

Yea Wes. We'll see how THAT goes!!!

For now, I will continue to be their pusher and allow them all the crack pacis that they need...for now!!!

3 comments:

Diana said...

It's always the younger sibling that gets abused my the older ones! :) Nature of the game, I guess. :)

KK said...

I don't want to be critical but...where is her splint?

Anonymous said...

From one second child to another...i think it's appalling how Weslie has to fight for her paci with "the older one"... can't a girl (and a second child) get any respect in this world?!? I got yo back Wes!! :)