Friday, November 14, 2008

Electricity...Energize Me!!!

Who needs an electrician...when you have an overly zealous wife that thinks she can fix anything?!? (Sorry, I get that from my Dad...he REALLY COULD fix anything.)

Anyways, our bathroom has needed 2 new light switches and a new plug outlet since we moved in. The plug outlet was not a GCFI outlet...and since it was right by the sinks, our inspector told us that it needed to be changed. AND all three of them were that 80's beige color...with gold face plates!!! Yes, you read that right, GOLD face plates.

So, when the kids and I were in Walmart the other night, I decided to get two new light switches, a new GCFI outlet and white face plates for all three.

AND yesterday, while Weslie was taking one of her naps, I dove in to try and change out all three. The light switches were a sinch. It actually took me more time to figure out which breaker went to those outlets than it did for me to change the 2 switches out. (However, I did semi-electrocute myself just one time...I was trying to push the switch back into the box...with the breaker on...and accidentally touched the wires. Got alittle sizzle...but nothing that hurt me...just amped me up alittle!!)

The GCFI outlet was alittle more tricky, but I just followed the directions, and got it working on the first try!!! I am so proud of myself!!!

Anybody need an electrician??? I could be for hire....for the right price!!!

2 comments:

The Stoner Family said...

That is awesome! Women can do anything:)

KK said...

You are amazing. Even I - who insisted on being the one to "build" the Barbie house on Christmas Eve - NEVER wanted to tackle electricity. Good for you!