Friday, November 14, 2008

THAT is Why I Love Him!!

Last night, Caton and I got a sitter and went to dinner...then to Christmas shop for the kids. We ate at a new little pizza shop. Good, but not great. We ended up running into one of the other S & C coaches and his girlfriend and one of the old GAs...so the company was much better than the food.

Then we went to Toys R Us for the shopping. Pretty much got everything that the kids are going to get. Still need to get some stocking stuffers and little stuff. But it feels great to know that Christmas shopping for them is D-O-N-E...done.

While there, we were looking at bicycles for Kade and trying to determine what size he needed. There was a chart that you have your child stand next to, and see where his inseam falls...then get that size tires. Well, obviously, we didnt have Kade with us...so Caton went out to the car and got a pair of Kade's pants...brought them back into the store...and we held his pants up to the chart. (I know we looked like a bunch of quacks...holding a pair of pants up to the chart...but whatever). And it is a good thing we did, because we were looking at a 14 inch bike...and Kade needs an 18 incher!!!

If you are still reading, I am getting to the title of this post...sorry for the long set up!!! Then as we were leaving, we past by a bus bench and saw a homeless man sitting there under a blanket. Now this man is frequently seen on this particular bench throughout the year. Same man, same bench. As we pass him, Caton says, "Is that the homeless guy?" as he is turning into the parking lot right next to the bench. I assured him that it was and asked what we were doing. Then Caton proceeds to get out his wallet, take out the only money in there, jump out of the Tahoe and give the guy some money.

I asked Caton what he said to the guy and Caton says, "I just asked him if he would like some money to get some food. He said, 'Yeah,' so I gave it to him." I saw the guy look at the money after Caton had turned around to come back to the Tahoe...and I wonder if he did indeed go and get a meal with that money.

It makes me so proud to be married to a man that is so unselfish, so giving, so loving of others. Just when I think that I cant learn any more from him, Caton teaches me alittle more about helping others and being selfless....makes me fall head over heals in love with him all over again. I am truly honored to have him as my husband, and know that he is the best role model that our children could have. I love you, Caton...thank you for picking me...thank you for teaching me...thank you for being you!! You are the only one on this earth that I would want as my partner...I am the luckiest girl alive!!!

4 comments:

Diana said...

Very sweet.

amy (metz) walker said...

You made me cry!!!

Riley Kai said...

I love it! It's great to be reminded why we picked our significant other! I used to have the same thought you did about giving homeless money...what will they really do with it? Rex's theory is, God only judges us on what we did...and it's up to him to judge them on what they do with our offering. I know with kids, it seems harder to give this time of year (specially after shopping) so I too am impressed by your husbands generosity:)! I think the bigger the man, the bigger their hearts!

The Barnes Crew said...

That was very kind of him...Keith your such a good guy! That man on the bench is pretty harmless and I'd bet money on the fact that he used the money for food!