On Monday, after the frog finding, Mom, the kids, and I headed to the mall for alittle shopping. We went to Target, got a few things, then Kade wanted to go and play in the indoor playground. So we let him, he had a great time, and we eventually got everyone wrangled up, into the Tahoe, and headed for the house.
On the way home, Kade started complaining that his tummy hurt. He was just saying it matter-of-factly at first, then alittle more persistent...then that complaining turned into an all out scream/cry. He was sitting in his car seat, holding his stomach, screaming, "No, no, no, momma!! Medicine Momma!! It HUUURRRTTSSS!!!"
I dont think I have EVER driven as fast as I did that evening. We made it home, I ran in and got the Pepto Bismol and gave him some. He sat with me, crying and rocking, until he fell asleep. I put him down and he ended up sleeping for about 2 hours.
Then, by the time he woke up, Caton had gotten home and had been informed of the events. Kade got up, only to begin to scream and cry again...tummy hurting again. So Caton is holding him and I get on the phone to the 24-hour nurses line. They run through all the symptoms and pretty much tell us just to take him to the emergency room. Well, before the nurse could even tell me that, Caton had decided that was what we were doing, so we were already loading Kade into the car.
As Caton is driving, I am in the back with Kade...on the way to the emergency room...Kade begins to purk up. We ask him if his tummy hurts, he says no. So we pull over and decided that we will keep an eye on him for the rest of the evening and not hesitate to go at the first sign that the ache is returning.
All in all, we still have NO CLUE what was going on with Kade's tummy. Could have been gas, could have been something that he ate, who knows. But he was all better that evening...AND ended up eating a great dinner!!!
Thank goodness it all turned out okay!!! BUT just an FYI, come to find out, you ARE NOT supposed to give kids under like 10 years old Pepto. They make a children's version that is okay, but the adult version is a no-no. Yeah, that made me feel really great!!! My kid was sick and I was giving him meds that might make him sicker....perfect. But now we have stocked up on kids versions of Pepto, anti-vomiting meds, and all that other stuff....just so we will be prepared for the next tummy ache!!!

3 comments:
Probably just gas... that is what it usually is with Jason :)
Oh, I didn't know that about the Pepto...would have done the same thing as you!
Hey - Not to provide too much info on your blog or that this is even Kade's issue but Elizabeth gets "backed up" sometimes. It will bring her to tears and she can barely walk. Grape juice had become our rememdy of choice for that!
Post a Comment