Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Bibbit!!!

On Monday afternoon, Caton and Kade were outside mowing the lawn, when Kade came running inside yelling, "Frog, Mama!!! Come yook! I sow you!" So I grabbed the camera and went outside to find that the boys did indeed find a frog (that was peeing all over them, GROSS!!!) and Kade was having a great time holding it. He took me over to show me the spot of grass that they found it in, then held it up for a pic...
...notice how he is keeping his eyes on the frog while attempting to "cheese"...
...and this pic was right before it jumped out of his hand and we had to chase it around to pick it up again...

I felt so bad for the frog because Kade was holding it so tight that I thought he was going to squeeze the life right out of that little Kermit. AND as Kade was trying to re-catch it after it jumped away, Kade stepped on part of him...but the frog was fine and kept right on jumping (thank goodness because I WAS NOT going to have any part in cleaning a smushed Kermit off of Kade's shoes!!!) We ended up finding an old shoe box to house the frog for the day...Kade even went and picked some grass for Kermit to eat. Then that evening, Caton released it back into the wild (of our backyard) only to have the boys find it AGAIN on Tuesday night!!! Didnt that frog learn its lesson the first time!!!

2 comments:

amy (metz) walker said...

Ha! Hilarious it came back. And youre sure it was the SAME one?

The Barnes Crew said...

We have a frog cage if you need it for next time...Nico had a couple of toads for a few months about 4 years ago!