Friday, May 4, 2007

We Found a Turtle, We Found a Turtle, We Found a Turtle, Hey Hey Hey Hey!

On the way to Wendy's this morning, we drove past a turtle in the middle of the road. So of course, thinking that Kade would love to see it (and capitalizing on this unique teachable moment) I slammed on brakes, put the Tahoe in reverse (almost jumping the curb becuase I was trying to avoid hitting the little thing) and jumped out to pick the turtle up. So I took it around to Kade's side and showed it to him....
...he got this HUGE smile on his face. When I asked him if he wanted to touch it...

...he just put out one finger and gently toughed its foot. (Notice the intense concentration on Kade's face...?) Then grabbed the poor turtle's entire leg. It was so cute!!! But I think that Kade didnt like the feel of the turtle's claws because after that, he didnt want to touch it again. He just wanted to look at it. So I put it down in the grass so Kade could watch it walk away....

...and he waved bye, bye to the turtle.
It really makes you think how much we, as adults, take for granted...I mean, this was the first time he got to see a turtle (and touch it)...WHAT A COOL WAY TO BEGIN THE DAY!!!

1 comment:

amy (metz) walker said...

I love it! Cracks me up he didn't want to touch it again. Smart kid! Oh, and thanks for the really embarrassing message about DW's physical touch language on my comment box!