Monday, July 16, 2012

Gettin' Crafty: Oh, The Places We've Lived

I saw some version of this on Pinterest...and pinned it knowing that I wanted to create one for us someday....you know, when I got around to getting the wood, and stenciling the letters, and all that.

Well, with this latest move...Weslie's dresser didnt quite make it.  Caton tried to set it up once it got to Texas...and let's just say that the dresser looked like it had hit the bottle on the 12 hour ride.  It was the leaning tower of clothes.  So Caton decided to kick the dresser to the curb.

One girl's dresser is another mom's "wood pile".

My mom and I took the dresser apart, making sure to save each piece...figuring I could find something to do with all of the pieces.

And this is the first project that I came up with.  Each "slat" is the back of one of the dresser drawers.  And the letters are simply adhesive mailbox letters/numbers.

One small can of brown spray paint later...

...add some hooks to attach each board to the next...

...and there you have it!  "Oh, the places we've lived...."

Note:  I still want to make a "topper" of sorts to hang on top that actually says, "Oh, the places we've lived...."  But that's for another day!

2 comments:

The Stoner Family said...

that is cute.. pinterest is great!!! hope y'all are enjoying your new town! Tell Keith Hello.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea. If you guys keep going like this, you will best
both Max and me for all the places
we lived. Good to hear that you
are starting to enjoy yourselves.
The rock climbing wall looks like
it would be fun. Love, Aunt J