Sunday, January 29, 2012

KK Visits

We had a visitor for the last few days.  KK was able to schedule a few days off in a row, and made her way north to visit us.  She got her right before Weslie got home from school on Wednesday.  I had told Wes that she would have a surprise waiting for her when she got home, so as soon as she walked in the door, she asked me where it was.  I told her to look around (KK was in the living room and I was in the kitchen.)  Wes looked and looked...and finally saw KK and yelled, "KK!!!!!" as she ran to give her a huge hug.

It was super super sweet and I wish I would have thought to video it.

Then we went to get Kade, and KK got out of the car to get him at pickup.  He was so excited too!!!

We had a pretty low key visit.  Kade had a basketball game on Saturday morning.  And we just hung out for the most part.  We did go to the "paint your own pottery" place.  The big kids each painted a piece and we made a plate with each kid's handprint on it for KK.  (I will pick them up on Saturday and take pics then.)

All in all it was a wonderful, but too short visit.

After KK left, Weslie had a tear in her eye saying, "I just want my KK."

Maybe one day we will live closer...one day...

No comments: