On Saturday morning, Caton was up and out the door early early. It was our last home game of the season, and with it kickoff at 11:30am....pregame meal was around 7:00. As he was leaving, I heard Kole stirring, so I got up and fixed him a small bottle (hoping that he would drink it and go back to sleep.)
Around 6:45 Kade some and came to get in our bed just as Kole was bleeting out for me to get him. Eventually, it was the boys and I, in our bed, trying to wake up and start the day.
Around 7, I put Kole on the floor and got up to go wash my face and put my contacts in. I know that Kole followed me into the bathroom, as I could feel him walking around, grabbing my legs as he explored while I got ready. I looked up just to see him fall forward, catching himself on his hands. I immediately thought, "whew, that was close!" as I could tell that his face was extremely close to hitting the step that goes into our stand-up shower. He started to cry and as I went to pick him up, I saw the blood dripping from his face. I turned him around to see this cut:

I immediately knew that he would need stitches. I texted Caton (as he was already gone with the football team) and began deciding what my plan of action would be. I knew that Urgent Care didnt open until 8am (by this time it was about 7:20am). So I needed to decide if I was going to wait to go there, or take Kole to the ER.
I go the bleeding to stop and got Kade dressed. By this time, we were pushing 7:30. So, I decided to get everyone ready and head up to the Urgent Care center. Breakfast was thrown into my purse, milks poured, children dressed, and we arrived just before 8am.
They took a look at Kole, and agreed that he would need stitches. Caton met us there for a few minutes to check on us while we waited. Eventually, they put a numbing gel on Kole. And repeated that process every twenty minutes for the next hour.

He fell asleep while waiting...and was woken up when the doctor came in to give him three stitches.
He didnt feel a thing and only cried because we had to hold him down to be still.
Now he will have his first battle scars (first of many I am sure!)
Funny story: So lets imagine me walking in with all the kids...Kole with a gash above his eye, Weslie with her arm in a cast. They took me back to a small cubby-like place, and asked me all kinds of questions, "How did he cut his eye?" "How long ago did it happen?" "What happened to her arm?" Im sure that they thought that something fishy was going on. But once they heard that Weslie's cast was not due to a break...I think they eased up on me :) Thank goodness they didnt feel the need to call DFS!!!
PS. We DID make it to the game. And only about missed kickoff by about 5 minutes. I mean, it was JUST stitches, right??
Around 6:45 Kade some and came to get in our bed just as Kole was bleeting out for me to get him. Eventually, it was the boys and I, in our bed, trying to wake up and start the day.
Around 7, I put Kole on the floor and got up to go wash my face and put my contacts in. I know that Kole followed me into the bathroom, as I could feel him walking around, grabbing my legs as he explored while I got ready. I looked up just to see him fall forward, catching himself on his hands. I immediately thought, "whew, that was close!" as I could tell that his face was extremely close to hitting the step that goes into our stand-up shower. He started to cry and as I went to pick him up, I saw the blood dripping from his face. I turned him around to see this cut:

I immediately knew that he would need stitches. I texted Caton (as he was already gone with the football team) and began deciding what my plan of action would be. I knew that Urgent Care didnt open until 8am (by this time it was about 7:20am). So I needed to decide if I was going to wait to go there, or take Kole to the ER.
I go the bleeding to stop and got Kade dressed. By this time, we were pushing 7:30. So, I decided to get everyone ready and head up to the Urgent Care center. Breakfast was thrown into my purse, milks poured, children dressed, and we arrived just before 8am.
They took a look at Kole, and agreed that he would need stitches. Caton met us there for a few minutes to check on us while we waited. Eventually, they put a numbing gel on Kole. And repeated that process every twenty minutes for the next hour.

He fell asleep while waiting...and was woken up when the doctor came in to give him three stitches.
He didnt feel a thing and only cried because we had to hold him down to be still.
Now he will have his first battle scars (first of many I am sure!)
Funny story: So lets imagine me walking in with all the kids...Kole with a gash above his eye, Weslie with her arm in a cast. They took me back to a small cubby-like place, and asked me all kinds of questions, "How did he cut his eye?" "How long ago did it happen?" "What happened to her arm?" Im sure that they thought that something fishy was going on. But once they heard that Weslie's cast was not due to a break...I think they eased up on me :) Thank goodness they didnt feel the need to call DFS!!!
1 comment:
I think you are wonderful -- I didn't sense any panic in all of this -- one of the other children would have scraped me off the wall.
You didn't say whether you went to
the ballgame -- hang in there.
Love you all. Aunt J
Post a Comment