I went to bed last Friday night with a slight sore throat...and woke up in the middle of the night with chills and a fever. I instantly knew it was strep...but was hopeful that with a dose of ibuprofen and vitamin-C, I might be able to sleep it off.
I was wrong.
Saturday was spent laying around battling my fever...which would come down with ibuprofen, but spike right back up a few hours later. It got as high as 104 at one point. Caton came home from taking Kade and Weslie to Kade's flag-football scrimmage and I was in the bed while the baby was crawling around our room. (Parenting at its best, I know.) I literally couldnt lift the baby...my body ached from my fingers to my toes...my fever was rampet, and I had a headache that felt as if my head would explode.
It was good times.
Sunday was more of the same. My throat was so sore though that I couldnt eat a thing. Water was even alittle hard to swallow.
So first thing Monday morning, I went to the doctor. He laughed as he came back from checking on the results of the strep swab and said, "It was screaming positive!" I tried to laugh and told him that I could have told him that...that I have been getting strep throat all the time since I have been little. Then he said that after I'm done taking all of my antibiotics, he wants to test me to see if I am a carrier for strep. If so, I may have to get my tonsils taken out.
Ugh.
So he gave me a round of antibiotics and told me to call back if anyone in the family started to present symptoms. If that happened, he would just go ahead and put everyone on antibiotics, just to be sure.
So by Wednesday, I started to feel alittle better...but my throat was still on fire. I was still not really able to eat any solid foods. AND to make matters worse, I now had all kinds of sores in/on my nose and mouth.
It just kept getting better.
So I called the doctor back...and he sent me in some steroids to try to kick all of the inflammation out of my body. 12 days of 'roids to be exact. (If I have hair growing on my face and my voice starts to change...you'll know why!)
So now, two days after starting those, I am FINALLY feeling better. My throat is getting there. I think I will actually try solids today!!! And the sores in my nose and mouth are on the mend.
However, Caton and Kade now say that their throats hurt AND the littles both have runny noses.
Oh it never ends.
1 comment:
Sorry you have been so sick. Hope you are much better soon and that the rest of the family avoids strep. Love you, Aunt J
Post a Comment