This month I got super sick. I ended up with a strep throat diagnosis after battling a very high fever all weekend. Then after three days of antibiotics I still wasn't feeling better. So the doctor put me on a 12-day round of steroids. I say all this because it severely impact my milk supply. Before beginning the steroids I was still nursing Kole, but once the steroids started, I had to stop. The steroids were making Kole literally go crazy. He would sit in my lap and just twitch and flail his arms. Plus he would cry all day (and night) long.
So I decided to just use my frozen supply to get us through the steroid stint. But once it was finally over, my milk would not come back. I mean like if I try to nurse Kole he tries for a few minutes then let's go and screams at me because he's not getting anything. And when I pump, instead of getting 12oz total...like I would before getting sick, I may get a total of 2oz.
So, we have had to supplement with formula. And while I know it's not the end of the world. The fact that Kole weaning was not my decision (or even his) is so disheartening. I miss sitting with my boy.
So anyways, back to his development. He is now standing unassisted and has taken a few steps on a few different occasions. He gets so excited when we make such a big deal out of him walking. It's pretty cute.
He's about 22lbs and 28in long. He's in 12mo clothes and a size 3 diaper (although as soon as he uses up all the size 3s that we have, we will be buying size 4s).
One of the really great things to come out of me being sick has been that he is sleeping soooo much better! He usually goes down around 7pm and we don't hear from him until around 2am. And usually I can just help him find his paci and he will go back to sleep. I try to get him to at least 4am, when I will give him a bottle. He will then go back to sleep until we get up for good in the morning.
Other than all that. He's just being a great little baby! Soon to be a great little toddler!!! Guess it's time to start planning a first bday party!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment