Thursday, July 21, 2011

7 months

Kole is seven months today. It's crazy. He is growing and changing so much lately. He has started to reach up to me when I pick him up, he can crawl like a madman, and is pulling up on EVERYTHING! Yes. Pulling up!!!! We have a small bench in our kitchen, and he will pull up and push it around the kitchen - using it as a walker! He is starting to eat pretty much anything that we can smoosh up. Puffs are a great treat and he isn't having any problems picking them up and getting them on his mouth. (This is something that I am constantly looking for...looking for signs that Kole may have had a stroke too. But I don't think that he has any symptoms!!! Yay!!)

He is about 27 inches long and weighs about 21-22 lbs. He I wearing sizes 12 and 18 months. Some of the 6 month stuff can still fit on him, but we have to stretch them to snap in his crotch, and they are so skin tight on his thighs that his legs look like little sausages. So I am in the process of transferring all of the 6mo stuff out of his drawers. He is still wearing a size 3 diaper.

Sleep is still a battle for us. But I have started putting him in his bed for naps, and some days I can get around 2 hours out of him! He usually goes down for the night around 8pm an will be out until whenever I come into the room. For real, think he can smell me walk in. I will literally lay down and get comfy, and he will start to cry. I can usually fend him off with his paci for a while, but eventually he ends up in the bed until we get up. Usually around 7am.

It has become increasingly difficult to keep Kole out of the big kids' stuff. We have put up a gate going down into the playroom and have been educating the big kids about what Kole can and can't put into his mouth. I have had to retrieve dice, Polly pocket dolls, and hair ties from out of Kole's mouth. It's always exciting to see what I'm going to find when the baby is choking on something :)

Kole is still such a joyful baby. He engages people as they walk by and will smile and laugh to get a reaction out of them. He has started teething lately, so sometimes he is a bit crabby, but we know that it will pass.

This coming month, Kole and I will get four days a week, just he and I while the big kids are at school. I am so looking forward to be able to really focus on him, and get some good baby lovin in while the big ones are filling their brains with knowledge!

No comments: