I was led to believe that I would be able to take the first six weeks unpaid, then return to work on a parttime basis while bringing Kole to work with me. Then, after we were able to secure daycare for Kole, I would return full time.
I went I to the office yesterday morning thinking that I was starting "part time" portion of my leave. However, I was told that having Kole at the office was not going to be acceptable and that my part time status would not be acceptable either.
I now am faced with a decision between the following choices: 1. Find care for Kole and return full time. 2. Find care for Kole and return part time (they had conceded that since this was agreed to before my leave that they would allow me to work part time...but without Kole). 3. Resign from my position.
I am beyond frustrated. I am mad that I have been led to believe a whole bunch of lies. I am scared to think of actually quitting my job and what we would do financially. I am dumbfounded that people can blatantly lie to suit their situation, even if it means hurting someone else.
The past two days have been exhausting. I am starving, yet can't seem to eat. I have cried tears of frustration and tears of fear. And I still don't know what we are going to do.
And to top it all off, the HR dept is saying that they accidentally paid me in January...even though I had used all of my paid time off to account for that paycheck. And they are now saying that I need to repay that money. Someone has even gone as far as to go I to my account and adjust all of the balances so that they match up to what HR is claiming. It's all very twisted and deceitful.
I have no idea what to do. Hopefully whatever decision we make will work out for the best.
3 comments:
Oh how horrible!! Do you have anything in writing?? What they told you before?? So frustrating and upsetting. I am so sorry! I will be praying things work out. I would hate for you to have to go back there and work with them knowing they led you on like that.
Keep us posted.
That sucks! Here's what I would do and what I would tell my friends to do.
1) Find daycare or Kole
2) Work as many hours as you can stand (part or full time)
3) Search for a new job HARD
4) Get new job quit old job
They lied, they are mean, they awful but they are not worth putting your family into even tougher financial situations. You can quit this job really fast but you may not find a new job as fast as you would think. You may think "we will be okay for x time" but it may take more time then X and then what? Whether or not you give two weeks is your decision but I would not leave the current place of employment until I had another job.
OMG! I am beyond sorry! I agree with Rachel. If finances are an issue, continue the job until you find a new one. I would strongly suggest you look for a new job. Nothing is worse then being in a work place/relationship/etc. knowing you have been lied to and mistreateated. If they fool you twice, shame on you...you get my drift. We will be praying that you find a situation for Kole that you are at peace with, that you quickly see God's plan (knowing it's bigger & better) and lastly, praying for the person who did this to you!
Post a Comment