Monday, January 24, 2011

Something Had To Go Wrong

Today was Caton's first day back to early morning groups since Kole has been born. Meaning that today was the first day that I would have to get up with all three kids and get everybody out the door - by myself.

And if I do say so...I rocked it this morning. Even functioning on a tiny amount of sleep due to Kole having the crud that Wes had last week...I managed to get everyone up, dressed, fed, and at school before being considered "late." I was so proud of myself.

Then I had to take Kole to the doctor. And two shots, a chest xray, and flu swab later...Kole has croup and will need breathing treatments as needed for the inflamation in his chest. Thank goodness that he doesn't have pneumonia! Again, still feeling proud.

We then came home for a few minutes, then headed to do a few errands before heading to pick up Kade. We took some stuff back and went by the bank to make a deposit. And ended up being about 15 minutes early for pick up. Still proud, still feeling like a rock star.

While we were sitting there, Kole started to get fussy. So I got out and went around to the back to lean into the middle of the backseat to feed Kole a bottle. Then a car pulled up next to me and couldn't get by with the door open. So without thinking, I jumped in the backseat and shut the door.

When Kole finished the bottle, I went to get out of the backseat only to find that the door wouldn't open. I made sure that it wasn't locked...then it dawned on me - child lock was on!!! No longer proud...no longer feeling like a rock star.

I literally sat there for a few seconds just staring at the door...willing it to open. It didn't of course. So I finally decided that I had to somehow climb over the infant seat in the middle to get back in the drivers seat...or risk staying in the back until Kade's teacher found me.

I decided to shimmy through and climb over the seat just in time to seem like all was a-okay when Kade came out to get in the car.

I guess the tally for this day is back to zero - Mommy win for the morning...Mommy fail for the afternoon.

Tomorrow is a new day...bring it on...just turn the child locks off!

No comments: