Monday, January 24, 2011

Long Time Coming

Caton's Grams ended up being buried at the same cemetery that my father is buried. So I decided that it was high time that I go visit Dad's grave site. I'm sad to say that I had never seen the site...I mean, since the actual funeral. And being 3 years later...it was a long overdue visit.

So I texted my Mom to get directions to the site...and we set out to find it. I also ran into the office of the cemetery, so that they could help me narrow down where to look. And after compiling Mom's directions and the map that the office gave me...we were able to find Dad right away.
Its alittle weird. I mean, I'm okay with going to Dad's grave...saying 'hey'...and leaving. It's not like I am still super sad. Is that bad? I mean, I still miss him...but its just easier now. Weird.

Anyways...as I was uploading that photo I found this:
Apparently two boys were having fun with the camera while I was in the office.

Love them and love that they are so supportive of me and my journey through grief!

1 comment:

Riley Kai said...

I just wish you really knew how sorry I am that this journey bonds us! So glad you had a visit, and selfishly I love to hear you say," it gets easier!":-)