Saturday, October 2, 2010

Bye Week

This weekend...Caton has a 'bye' week. And in years past, that still meant a weekend of football practice...but not this year!!! Caton actually had the entire Saturday OFF...completely OFF...no football, no practice, no nothing!!!

So we decided to take a laid back morning...made breakfast and lounged around. Then got dressed and headed to Jackson's Orchard. I had heard that this would be a place that the kids would love...and that description was spot on!!! There were hay bales to play in...
...and hay bales to pose by...
...and hay bales to slide down...
...and hay rides to ride on...
...and a corn maze...
...to ride on Daddy's shoulders...
...and to get lost in...
...and fields to race in...
...and pumpkins to pick...
...we pick one for each Caton child...this is Daddy picking one for the baby...
...then we posed before walking back to the barn...
Once back at the barn, we got a few peach teas, a peach fritter, some peach preserves, and some popcorn. We literally spent every penny that we brought with us!!! It was so much fun...Caton even said, "We should do this again...it was so relaxing!!!"

After we got home, we ate lunch, then all laid down for afternoon naps. We had the windows open and the breeze was blowing...it was very relaxing and refreshing.

We were awakened to the sound of Grandmomma and Grandaddy knocking on our door. They drove up to spend the weekend with us!!! So we are now back from dinner and enjoying watching football while doing more relaxing.

Its been a great weekend!!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I am so happy yall have more Daddy time!!!


For the jambalaya....I would double it!!! And I served it with crackers...just saltines! I meant to make garlic bread but forgot!

Hope you like it....and don't forget to add the cooked rice later...after you get home!