Tuesday, August 3, 2010

"Bad Mommy!"

Mondays are crazy in our house. Once off work, I speed to get the kids from daycare, we rush home, make quick clothes changes, I make a portable dinner for the kids, and we are out the door to gymnastics. The kids LOVE going to gymnastics...and Caton and I think that it has been a huge benefit to both the kids' gross motor development.

However, last night, the kids did NOT want to cooperate. Granted, I got off alittle later than usual on a Monday...so we were alittle more pressed for time. But we werent THAT late. As I was shoo-ing the kids out the door and into the Tahoe...Weslie decided that she was NOT going to get into her carseat. No amount of "Weslie, hurry up so we can go to gymnastics!!!" was going to sway this hard-headed child to get in her seat. So I had no choice but to give her a "1, 2, 3" count...and she got a whippin'. She promptly got into her seat, and through huge tears, she slapped my hand and said, "Bad Mommy!"

Yeah, she got another hand spank for that one. I happened to be on the phone with my Mom and the time...and all she could do was laugh!!! And to be honest, I would have been alot more mad had Wes not been so dang cute...why with her furrowed brow and sad face. I'm sure that we are going to have our hands full with this one!!!

And to top it all off, as I was getting into the driver's seat Kade informs me, "Mommy, when I cry...I'm gonna say 'Good Mommy!'"

Perfect.

No comments: