Friday, July 16, 2010

Vaca 2010: Day 8 - Swimming & The Hangout

Thursday (the 8th) was more of the same. We literally spent the entire day at the pool. I dont even think the kids came up to the room until it was time to get ready for dinner. We had a few visitors - my childhood best friend, her 5 month old, and her Mom and Dad. (This was the same guy that made Weslie and Kade's benches.) It is always so nice to see them...and its like we just pick right up where we left off!!! I know, the sign of true friends. We laughed, and played, and told stories from our childhood...it was a great time!!!

This little girl was getting so much sun that we had to put Kade's swim shirt on her...

...and just as soon as I brought down my camera...this little boy fell asleep in his Daddy's lap...

But Weslie was rarin' to go!!! She played with Aunt Kathryn...

...and continually dunked herself underwater...

...she was fearless!!! Then Uncle Jacob took her under the waterfall...

She was such a little fishy!!!

That night we all went to eat at "The Hangout." Any other vacation, we would have been looking at at least an hour wait...but this year, all 16 of us got right in and sat at a table. There they have a big play area for the kids - a huge sand pit, a foam machine, all kids of foosball tables, etc. - so before letting the kids run amok, we took our annual family pics.

This one, I asked the kids not to smile...and it just may be my favorite pic of the whole week!!! (I think I'm going to turn it black and white before I print it!!!)

Wes and Daddy...

Wes and Mommy...

Kade and Daddy...

Kade and Mommy...

Wes and KK...

family pic with KK...

and our annual family pic...

No comments: