Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Vaca 2010: Day 2 - Motorcycles, Visits, Drums & Rain

On July 1, we woke up at Caton's parents' house...and all had breakfast. Then Kade convinced Grandaddy to take him for a motorcycle ride. So Kade got a helmet on...

...and they went riding around the block. I literally felt like I was going to hyperventilate - I was so nervous. Caton asked me if I was going to be okay...and I told him that I thought I might have to go inside. It freaked me out that much. But right about then, they came back...and Kade decided that he had had enough. But this little girl tried to butter her Daddy up...

...and he let her take a seat on the motorcycle too.

When they asked her if she wanted to ride...she exclaimed, "NO!!" and abruptly got off the bike.

While getting ready for the day, I realized that I had forgotten all of my makeup back in Missouri. So, we got all ready to go to lunch, and I called KK to get her to stop by the Sephora store while we made a trip to the drug store. I was able to purchase everything I needed...and we were off to lunch. KK and Caton's aunt met us there.

After lunch, we headed to visit Caton's grandmothers (they both live in the same assisted living facility.) We had a great visit, however, I didnt get one picture :-( I was still feeling alittle run down and out of it. We left there when the children started to get whiny and restless. We went back to Caton's parents' house and all took naps again.

When we woke up, it started to rain. So we let the kids go out and play in the afternoon shower.
You can see in this pic that the lens of the camera was foggy...it was so humid outside and so cool inside that once I took the camera out - the lens fogged up for about 20 minutes!!! Gotta love southern Alabama weather!!!


...this is what she would do when we told her to pose...

...pure joy...

We finally convinced the kids that they had played in the rain enough. So we got them all toweled off...and brought in to eat dinner.

After dinner, Caton took the children up to play on Grandaddy's drums (Caton's Dad was a drummer in a band back in the day!!!) The kids LOVED every minute of it...our ears, notsomuch...

This next pic was my attempt at something artsy...

Weslie even got in on the drumming action...

After drums, it was off to bed...to rest up to head to the beach the next day!!!

No comments: