On Wednesday, June 30th, we planned to pack up the Tahoe and get out of town by about 5pm. I worked half a day, then came home to pack everyone up. Caton got home around 4 and we packed the car and ended up pulling out of our driveway around 5:15. We picked the kids up at daycare and got on the road.
The plan was to drive until just south of St. Louis and stop at a fast food place that had a playground. Well, this turned out to be a bit harder than we expected. But we finally found a place and stopped for dinner around 7:30. We got everyone jammied up and got back on the road. We stopped for gas just before leaving the state of Missouri...and the kids were still awake!!!
Around midnight or so, the kids finally fell asleep. And at 2:30am, Caton pulled over in an abandoned gas station saying that he couldnt drive any further. So I took the wheel, and we continued to cruise along. I drove until about 5:30am when we had to stop for gas again. We were in Hattiesburg, MS...and could smell Mobile!!! (It was only about 1.5 hours left!!!)
Caton resumed driving while I snoozed in the passenger seat. The kids, however, woke up when we pulled over for gas...and stayed awake.
We finally made it to Caton's parents' house at about 7:30am. We had breakfast and Caton and I headed off to bed...leaving the kids to play with Grandmomma.
Around 11am, I started to get restless....eventhough I was still exhausted, I just couldnt sleep. I felt horrible - nauseated constantly - but I got up to see how the kids were. Caton woke up too...and we ended up eating a great lunch. Then us and the kids went back to sleep for a 4 hour long afternoon nap.
We woke up, ate dinner with Caton's parents, gave the kids a bath (because Weslie abruptly ended dinner when she took a deuce in her pants...and we ended up having to disinfect the entire bathroom!!!) and all got back in bed around 10pm.
No comments:
Post a Comment