Friday, May 28, 2010

Just Call Me a Slacker

I know. I'm slacking. There are plenty of things to blog about...we are just too busy living to do it. This week has been spent in Oklahoma City with the baseball team at the Big 12 Championship. The kids have swam everyday, napped, and had a ball going to the games. Our last game is tomorrow morning...then we will be heading back to CoMo to resume our so-called lives.

No news on the baby front. I'm am sick all the time - but I was the same with both of the other two. There are times that I think, maybe u have turned the corner, and I won't have any more nausea...but it's just a cruel joke. And I have to high tail it to the bathroom to chuck once again. Next week, however, we will be meeting with a high-risk specialist. Just because of Weslie's stroke, my OB wants to be sure that we are covering all the bases so that it won't happen again.

They did find out, though, that I may not be able to metabolize folic acid. So my OB put me on a special prenatal vitamin that will still give the baby the folic acid it needs but some how bypass me metabolizing it. Whatever. All I know is that the vitamins are pretty expensive!!!

We have told the other two about the baby. Weslie just smiles, says baby, and runs and gets her babydoll. Kade on the other hand will kiss my belly and say that, "that kiss goes straight to the baby." and he is pretty upset that the baby I'd making me so sick...he will come into the bathroom and put his hand on my back and say,"you okay Mommy?". He's just like a little Caton...and I love that he takes such good care of me when Catons not around!!

Okay so hopefully this brings us back up to speed.

Slack no more.

2 comments:

Gillian O'Daniel said...

Congrats to all of the Catons! I hope you'll "turn the corner" soon and start feeling better. Best wishes for a happy and healthy new baby!

Anonymous said...

So good to hear from you, but so sorry to hear that you are so sick to tummy. Hopefully it will soon pass. Max says to put saltine crackers next to your bed and eat four or five before you ever put your feet on the floor in the morning. Who knows, try it, it just might work. Love to you all. Aunt J