Last night, we surprised Kade by taking him to Chuck E Cheese for his birthday. He was extatic. He kept saying, "This is for special times, right Mommy. Like on your birthday. It is for birthdays only!". We ate the pizza (which wasn't really good) and played tons of games and just had a great family birthday.
Then when we got home and did baths, the boys decided to pitch a "tent" in the living room and "camp out.". (Thanks to Jana for teaching Kade how to hold the blanket by putting it in the window...and thanks to the Kings for this idea!!). Anyways, I got ready for bed, told the boys goodnight, and fell asleep listening to them plot strategy on how to combat any aligators and sharks that might come and try to eat them during the night. It was precious.
And when I woke up this morning, I found our Shamu doll on watch making sure those sharks stayed away (that must have been the compromise that the boys came up with.).
It was a wonderful bday for Kade.
Now all that's left is the kids party and Weslie's bday!!
No comments:
Post a Comment