Thursday, May 7, 2009

Bittersweet

Today, my Mom will be closing on the sale of the house that I grew up in.

And I really dont know how I feel about it all. I mean, I can remember when I was 4 and that house we being built. I remember that Mom and I had picked up lunch (I think from Hardee's) and had brought it to the house. Dad was working on something up high in the kitchen (not really sure what he was working on), and he climbed down off of the step ladder that he was using...and we used the step ladder to eat on. That is one of my very first memories.

And I can remember playing countless softball games in the backyard, and throwing the ball up onto the garage and letting it fall so that I could work on catching, and jumping for hours on the trampoline, and seeing all the improvements that were being made to the back porch/deck everytime I would come home from college, and all the gatherings that we have had there.

But I guess, that is one of the reasons for Mom selling it too...too many memories.

Everything that I can remember has happened while living in that house. And while it will be sad to know that some other family will be calling it 'home', I am so excited for my Mom...and the new beginning that she has created for herself.

The house that she is buying is awesome. So beautiful, so nice, so new!!! And perfect for her. I am so proud that she has had the courage to make a new start in a new house.

But it just wont be my house...my home.

And that is leaving a bittersweet taste in my mouth.

1 comment:

Riley Kai said...

My heart aches for you because I know that feeling all to well. I can tell you that as sad as it will be, you will still hold those memories in your heart. They don't go with the house! Keeping you in my prayers as you have to say goodbye again!