(The entire reason for us going to AL, then to LA was to surprise my BFF Kate for her 30th bday. I had been emailing her husband for a while...making sure that he was going to make a big fuss over her - especially because it was #30....and because she has just had a baby (like 6 weeks ago.) So, I finally decided that the kids and I would travel down and surprise her with a visit...and Aaron (her husband) took the reigns to plan a little party in Kate's honor.)
After finally making it to Alabama, we laid low for the evening...ordering dinner in and letting the kids play at KK's house until they were so worn out that they passed out from exhaustion.
On Friday, we woke up...packed up...and headed to see Grams before heading to Baton Rouge. Grams is Caton's grandmother...and I always try to bring the kids by her house when we are in the area. It is so very special that the children get to see their great-grandmother...and I dont want to take away that opportunity from them. So we went to see Grams, and to our surprise...Grandmomma, Grandaddy, and Aunt Reen (Caton's Mom, Dad and Aunt) came by to see the kids too. We had a good visit...and were soon back in the car and on our way to Louisiana.
I timed the 2.5 hour trip just right so that Weslie actually slept the entire time...and Kade slept for about 1.5 hours of it. Once he woke up, he and I spent the time talking about what he was seeing outside and practicing for the big surprise once we got to BR.
The plan was to pull up into Kate's driveway...get the kids out...stand on her front porch and yell, "Surprise, Happy Birthday!!!" when she opened the door.
However...if you know us...you know things never work out as planned. I didnt take into account Louie (Kate's dog) and he totally gave us away the moment we pulled into the driveway.
Kate came out as I was waking Weslie up and was totally shocked saying that she "couldnt believe her eyes," and asking, "what are yall doing here?!?"
So Kade still yelled, "Surprise" even though the surprise wasnt exactly as planned.
Anyways...we spent the afternoon hanging out with Aunt Kate and getting to know Baby Jackson - who by the way is the sweetest baby!!! Uncle Aaron finally got home from work, and we just laid low again...ordering pizza and getting the kids to bed early.
Funny story: Evidently Caton and I have never ordered pizza and had it delivered while Kade has been around...he was very confused when the doorbell rang and the guy was there with the pizza!!! Poor sheltered child...guess we will have to order delivery more often!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment