After the 8 hour trip to Nashville last Friday...we got to the hotel, checked in, and decided that we wanted to go to LongHorn for dinner.
Upon arriving, we tell them that we will have 5 adults, 1 kid (Kade) and a high chair (for Weslie). So we wait while they are "setting up" our table. The hostess takes us over to the table which has 5 chairs and one high chair...no where for Kade to sit. "Oh," he says, "I thought you only had 5 and a high chair."
So we decide that we can all make it fit...putting Weslie in the high chair on the side of the table with Caton and Kade...while I sat at one end of the table.
About the time we are ready to order, the server for the table behind me brings out that table's salads...and proceeds to drop Blue Cheese dressing all down the back of my fleece jacket that I had on. The cup of dressing hits the floor and splatters all down my right jean leg and all over my shoes.
I. was. furious.
Not so much at the fact that the accident happened...accidents happen...but really? Why me? After spending the entire day wedged into the backseat of the Tahoe between two kids...now I had to deal with cleaning up dressing all over me too.
So the servers get the floor all cleaned up...and I am cleaning off my jeans...when the manager on duty comes over. He begins by apologizing and asking what he can do...to which I very calmly replied, "I really need you to leave me alone right now because I am really pissed off."
Caton says that when he heard me say that, he knew that he needed to just be quiet and take care of the kids for the next few minutes while I got myself together.
The manager shyly turned around and walked away.
I excused myself to the restroom and got everything cleaned up...and returned to the table sporting a better attitude.
In the end, my shoes are alittle stained...as they are brown moccasin-type shoes...and my jeans and jacket are in the wash. The manager did come back over later to apologize again and offer to have my clothes dry cleaned. He also gave me his card if I needed anything else arising out of the incident.
Oh, and I got my dinner free.
1 comment:
Of course it couldn't have been Ranch - it had to be blue cheese!!!
Post a Comment