Every morning Kade asks for "cocklate milk and a ka-kart" (chocolate milk and a poptart) for breakfast. (Yes I know it isnt the breakfast of champions, but its the best I can do...and let's face it, he is two...not a champion, yet.) Anyways, so every morning, he eats his poptart and drinks his milk while we are getting ready to head out the door. Even so much as bringing the remaining pieces and milk in the car to finish on the way.
And usually this is not a big deal. He holds onto his cup and poptart and eats away while riding.
Until this morning...
Apparently, Kade had set his milk cup and half-eaten poptart on the rear bumper of the Tahoe before getting inside this morning. And me, not being the psychic mother that I obviously needed to be, had no clue it was back there.
Until I got out of the car at the babysitters house. A full 2.5 miles from our house.
As I went around the back of the Tahoe, after letting Kade out...there they were....one half-eaten poptart and one half full cup of milk....still there on the bumper!!!
I couldnt believe it!!! I mean, we had back out of our driveway, and driven away from our house uphill, made a total of 4 left turns and 3 right turns, and drove up and down some hills...yet there they were...just waiting...on the bumper.
I can only imagine what the people behind us were thinking...kinda like when you put your coffee on the top of the car and then drive off. Or how some people put the baby on the top of the car...thank goodness it was just breakfast!!!
So I retrieved the poptart and milk off the bumper and gave the piece of poptart to Kade saying, "Here Bud...here's your poptart...you left it on the bumper."
And he said in his most unimpressed voice, "Oh, thank you Mommy."
No, thank you sweet boy, for the everyday little joys.
No comments:
Post a Comment