A few Thursdays ago, Sherri and I went to a benefit for a local Shelter here in town. While there, I ran into my OB that delivered Weslie. Now let me preface this with saying that this doctor is AMAZING!!! I will and do refer anyone I can to him as he is the most understanding, nice, concerned with the health/comfort of the mommy doctor I have EVER been to. Caton LOVED him too as he was always asking about his lifting and football and all.
So, Sherri and I are sitting down for a few hour d overs and my doc comes over to say hello (I had waved to him across the crowd earlier in the evening.) So he comes over saying that it is great to see me and asking how Weslie is doing and all. Then he says, "It's kinda like I go through withdrawl, because I see saw you ever 4 weeks, then every 2, then every week, then you delivered and I only see you once a year now." Which I simply laughed off, saying, "So what you are saying is that you miss me, right???"
But now reflecting on that whole conversation, I find it very funny. I mean, he is an OB/GYN...and has spent extensive time looking at my who-ha and all...and now is "going through withdrawl." Yeah, he may want to choose his words more wisely next time!!!
But as I hugged him, and we said goodbye, he said, "And by the way, you look great! I mean, you really look great!" Made a girl feel good!! (And I DID look pretty cute if I do say so myself...I had on this dress with teal colored leggins and black pumps.)

2 comments:
Oh! Being an OB you'd think he'd think about the creep factor on that kind of comment! HA!
Oh, and I checked out the dress...bet you did look pretty cute, mamasita!
Hey, Adriene------You got some good lookin'
kids there! Sorry it has taken so long for me
to track your site down.
M's obgyn was is a great guy, too. Poor guy
spent +9months working with us and then
was out of town the day Tris was born.
Hit me up anytime on blogspot, flickr, etc.
Ill check up on you every now and then.
J Bass
Post a Comment