Friday, October 10, 2008

Fearfest

Last night, some girlfriends and I decided to go out and take part in the Halloween "fun" of going to a haunted house. We began the evening with dinner and "megarees" (margaritas) at a local restaurant then headed to Fearfest. Once out there, we got a quick pic with the only creature that would let us and headed into the house...
It was pretty scary...not because of what it was, but because it was pretty dark and you couldnt see around the corners (where there would be someone waiting to jump out and scream at you.) At one point in the house you had to crawl through a small hole in the wall that eventually led you out of the house...that was pretty weird, but not too scary. Then you walked through the insane asylum...not too scary, just alot of people acting crazy and screaming in your face (that got pretty annoying by the end of it all...but I guess that was all they could do since the rules stated that they couldnt touch you).

Anyways, then we went on the cornfield hay ride. The tractor took us to the back of the corn field where all the ghouls were walking out of the corn towards us...then they all stopped and started dancing the "Thriller" dance. So naturally, we all got up and danced too!!! But as we were preoccupied with the dancing, other ghouls come up behind us and scared all of us pretty badly.

Then they told us that we had to get out off of the hayride and walk back through the corn field maze. This wasnt sooo bad, as you could kinda see where the next person was waiting for you. However, there was a guy with a chainsaw that kept running after us. But he quickly lost interest in me when I asked if we could get a picture with him (I needed stuff for this post!!!) They said that they couldnt take pics...so they left us to go scare other unsuspecting guests.

It was a fun evening. I wouldnt say I was terrified...only slightly spooked on a few occasions. All in all, a good time. And glad to have gotten in on the Halloween spirit.

1 comment:

The Barnes Crew said...

It was lots of fun!! You did forget about the pregnant roller skate though..I nonchalantly added it in the copied version of your post on my blog! :)