There are just some things in life that absolutely DO NOT make sense. Today, I found out that a friend of a friend had lost her baby...she was 23 weeks pregnant. I cant even begin to imagine the grief that this family is feeling...and how in the coming weeks, there will be no making sense of any of it. How Alyson will be coming home from the hospital to a half-put-together nursery...without her precious Jonathan in her arms.
Just doesnt make sense.
How they tried for so long to get pregnant...to finally feel the joy of being pregnant...to have the rug pulled out from under them. Given just a taste of what it might be like with a baby...as if a cruel joke was being played.
Just doesnt make sense.
I know it is in these times that we are supposed to turn to The One above...but how can such a just and good Lord be so cruel...my faith is shaken. My doubts run deep. However, I know it is all for a reason...all preparing us for something...but why a family struggling to conceive...why a baby that will NEVER know his parents...why a mother who will NEVER know her child...why, why, why...
Just doesnt make sense.
If you would like to read about the Steiners and offer up some prayers...please go to their blog. They will need as much uplifting as we can all offer them.
No comments:
Post a Comment