Sunday, June 8, 2008

But It WAS Him This Time!

Yep, we went to the pool this afternoon/evening and all I can say is, "Oops, he did it again."

Keith had to go to work for a few minutes, so he was to meet us at the pool. So the kids and I get there, I lather Kade up with sunscreen, and off he jumps into the pool. He couldnt have swam but about 3 times around the pool before I realize that I forgot to put sunscreen on his body. So I call him out of the pool to put some more sunscreen on him. As I am spraying his back, for some reason, I think to check Kade's pants. And they are completely doodie-fied. So I get a new swimmy diaper out, get the wipes and off to the locker room we go.

We get in there...and of course, there is no changing table. So we go to the bench and I carefully lay Kade down. I take his trunks off and begin to rip off the swimmy diaper. I get it off intact (poop still in the diaper) and as I go to pick it up I notice that poopy water is dripping out. I look for the garbage can...and it's all the way across the locker room. So I tell Kade to stay put and hightail it over to throw away the diaper. When I return, I find that Kade has placed his feet into the poopy water and is loudly pronouncing, "Poo poo, Momma, Poo poo!!" So we go into the shower to rinse off...I am frantically looking for some soap or something to wash the poopy kid. The only thing I could find was some conditioner...so we condition Kade, rinse him off, rinse off the bench and proceed to get Kade redressed in a new swimmy diaper and trunks.

Ugghhh, where is Keith when I need him???!!!

4 comments:

KK said...

WHERE was Weslie??????

Unknown said...

This is so funny! Since when did conditioner become a cleaning agent Adriene?? That's hilarious. What is it about the pool that makes Kade want to poop?? Remind me to buy you a gallon of Purell!! This is almost as good as the "girinking giraffe!!

Heather said...

Kade must find the pool very relaxing!! Too funny. I share your poo stories with all my friends and they find it hilarious.

Anonymous said...

I used to go through this but, in the bathtub- and they would scream and scream because they were scared of it
here is a blog I think you and your readers might enjoy and she gives away gifts too-
you will probably have to type it in.
thepioneerwoman.com
thanks pam