Thursday, June 12, 2008

Dr. Dr., Gimme An Appointment!!

So for about the last week, Keith has been sick. I dont mean like the (cough, cough) "Oh I am so sick" sick...but the "Honey, you need to go see a doctor" sick. On Monday, he called our family doctor's office to see about getting him in, and found out that she is out of town this week. So, naturally, he requested to be seen by one of her colleagues at the practice. Ummm, how about they told him that he couldnt be seen until NEXT FRIDAY!!! Yeah, not like in 5 days, but like in 13 DAYS!!! WTHeck??? Why do we even have a doctor if he cant be seen for 2 weeks. They told him that he needed to go to Urgent Care and be seen there.

So on Tuesday, Keith did just that. Went to Urgent Care, waited to be seen, got x-rays taken of his chest and was diagnosed with a mild case of bronchitis. And sent home with 3 prescriptions for the congestion and a warning that "If you have e coli in your system and you take this medicine, it will mess up your liver...so whether you take it is up to you." WHAT??? What kind of doctor gives you a warning like that??!!! Yeah, thanks alot, you wonderful Urgent Care doctor...thanks for nothing. Maybe that's why you are at Urgent Care and not a real practice...ever think of that one??!!

Anyways, so Keith did decided to take the meds for the congestion...and tried to wait it out and see if he would get better. Yeah, that's not happening...the poor boy cant eat anything and has lost 17 pounds in just over a week. He called the doctor's office again today to tell them, "Look, I am not well...I need to see someone." and once again, the appointment cant be made for any earlier than next Friday.

So as the only alternative, Keith called the team doctor (who is also a GP here in town) on his cell phone. Left a message last night, and got a call back from his assistant today. So Keith will finally be seeing a doctor tomorrow...FINALLY!!! Maybe by then he will only have lost 20 pounds!!!

On a side note: maybe this is just the ticket to losing all the baby fat that I have left...I will definitely have to get Keith to breathe all over me tonight!!! J/K!!!

1 comment:

amy (metz) walker said...

That really sucks! I hate it when Doctors treat people that way! The last time Dusty went to the Urgent care, they almost OD'd him on the medicine and they told me that a LYMPH NODE was a cyst that needed to be removed!