I have heard it said, (and been a victim to it) that while women are pregnant, they have what is called "pregnancy brain." Meaning that they are very forgetful and pretty much their brain has gone to "mush" as her body is creating a new life.
I definitely had pregnancy brain...and seem to continue to have it now!!! I am still very forgetful, and sometimes dont make much sense out of what I am saying or doing. Case in point...
While Mom was here, she and I stopped at the Dairy Queen drive thru to get some lunch for everyone. So I pull up to the order board and say, "Yea, I would like to order a #2, please." To which the guy on the other side of the intercom says what I think is, "Will this be to go?" And I respond, "Yea, this is all to go!!"
At that point Mom says, laughing, "Well, yeah, it's to go, Adriene, you're in the drive thru...he wanted to know if that was all."
So laughing at my mistake, I continue the order and we eventually get our food.
So here is my question...Is there such thing as "newborn brain" or am I just going to have to chalk it up to my lovely hair color!!! (Keith and I kid that it is just the early onset of Alzheimer's!!!)
3 comments:
This story still cracks me up! TO answer your question...your brain only gets worse from here on out and you are also at a disadvantage because of your hair color!! Sorry, just telling you like it is!! :)
LOVE YA!
I do crap like that all the time and I am not even a mom yet. Scary.
I concur with Diana. The two of us may be in trouble. And what's scary is that I really can't figure out why YOU weren't right in this story? Why wouldn't he just ask if that's everything?
Also, I'm guessing there is a newborn brain thing...its called exhausted.
Post a Comment