On Sunday, Keith and I were doing ALOT of little projects around the house. Keith had to patch up some holes in the walls from where the previous owners had hung drywall screws and such. We also painted what will be Weslie's room (pictures to follow tomorrow...hopefully). AND we took down Kade's baby bed.
Awhile back, we found a twin frame on sale and went ahead and bought it. Then got a mattress from the baseball coach...so Kade has had a twin bed AND a baby bed in his room for a few months. Everytime that we try to lay Kade in the "big boy bed" he screams and cries. So, the baby bed had been the only option....until now.
Keith and Kade took the baby bed apart and took it downstairs. Then they took the baby bed matress and simply put it on the floor. Keith said that he had to lay with Kade to fall asleep last night (I was at a meeting)...but that Kade didnt resist or freak out too much.
However, during the night last night, Kade woke up and proceeded to walk down the hall - I assume looking for Keith and I in the living room. So Keith went and laid down with Kade for about 45 minutes. Then Keith came back into our room....with Kade trailing close behind. So I took Kade, placed him on the matress, covered him up, and left the room. He cried for about 2 minutes, then fell asleep.
Then, this morning, I had gotten up and gotten ready, and was about to go into Kade's room to wake him up, when all the sudden....a bleary-eyed little boy came creeping down the hall...dragging his puppy behind him. I was sure to make a big deal about how proud I was of him that he slept in his "big boy bed" and he ran back into his room and said, "Mommy...big boy bed!!"
So hopefully, we wont have too many problems transistioning to this "big boy bed." We already made it through our first night...will keep you posted on how it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment