Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Another Poopy Story

On Saturday evening, Keith, Kade and I went to run some errands and ended up in JC Penny looking for a new comforter for our bed. Keith was holding Kade and all the sudden, Kade says, "Poo Poo." So Keith asks him, "Kade, do you need to GO poo poo, or do you HAVE poopy pants?" To which Kade simply responds, "Yes." So Keith lifts him up to take a sniff of Kade's butt...coming to the conclusion that he does not have poopy pants, but could be starting.

So Kade and I high-tail to to the bathroom while Keith goes back out to the car to get Kade's bag with clean diapers in it.

We get into the bathroom...strip off Kade's heavy coat, yank his pants down, and tear off his diaper. Then I sit him on the potty (poor child looked hilarious sitting there holding on to the side so as to not "fall in.") AND without missing a beat, Kade goes pee AND poop!!!! I couldnt believe it!!! So Keith comes back with the bag...we get a new diaper on and for a reward, we took Kade to play in the children's indoor playground.

We are so proud!!!

UPDATE: Yea, that was a great moment...however, last night, Kade again said, "poo poo," to which I asked if he wanted to go and sit on the potty. He politley declined...then pooped in his pants. AND didnt really care to have them changed, either!!! GROSS!!! I guess for now it is hit or miss with this little guy!!! But at least he is starting to get the hang of it.

No comments: