Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Mobile Can be Pronounced Two Ways!!!

***Names (other than mine) have been changed to protect the identity of the embarrassed!!!***

So yesterday I get a phone call from one of my friends...we'll call her Sherritha. And she is laughing hysterically telling me that she just had a "blonde moment." (Now for those that know me...I have these quite often, and am not really ashamed by them...just part of who I am!!! But I digress...) She says that she picked up her cell to call me and after hitting the "call" button, the phone says, "Calling Mobile." Now most of us would realize that "calling mobile" is pronounced with the mobile sounding like a the word describing a portable house...mobile home. However, Sherritha looks at the phone and thinks..."Wow, Mobile (pronounced like the city that I am from)...that is where we are going next week!!! Why does it say calling "Mobile" (again pronounced like the city) if Adriene is in Columbia?"

About this time Sherritha realizes that it is "Calling Mobile" (as in the home) and she is calling my cell phone!!! Then, of course, she had to continue the call and tell me all about it.

Glad to know I am not the only one who has "blonde moments." However, Sherritha isn't blonde...so what's her excuse???

PS...to Sherritha...love you, girl....this life wouldnt be the same without you!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Sherritha I can't wait until you ALL get here. And she's hanging around too many blondes!

amy (metz) walker said...

:-) Reminds me of the Friends episode where Phoebe is so annoyed because she had a friend with a fake English accent who would say, "I'll ring you up on your mo-BILE (long "i")"...instead of cell phone!

So there's a THIRD way that particular word could go!