So this football game was the annual "Wives Trip." Where all the wives of the coaches and staff get to go to the away game and spend alittle time with their hubbys...away from the kids. So, because of that, GK and Pops came into town on Thursday to keep Kade while we went to Oxford to play Ole Miss.
The plane ride there was good...except they didnt have the air on in the plane until we got in the air and I thought I was going to barf all over...but I made it. We ended up staying in Memphis...because there is evidently no where to stay in Oxford. So we checked into the Marriott (and by the way, it was a lovely hotel!!!). Friday night all the wives and staff persons go to dinner. This year it was held at Corky's BBQ. It just so happens that it was the same restaurant that we ate at when we were in town with the baseball team. Good food, good friends....all in all good time.
Saturday I woke up and there was a buffet breakfast, then I ended up going back to the room and taking a nap before we had to be ready and at the bus to go to the game. Once in Oxford (it was about an hour and fifteen minute drive from Memphis) we all went to the MU Alumni Tailgate where they were serving food and playing music. Then we went into the Stadium. I have to admit that I had forgotten how HOT it is in the south. Holy Cow!!!! By the end of it, my shirt was SOAKED!!!!!
But the Tigers pulled out a win and the ride back to Memphis and the plane ride home was enjoyable....we ended up getting back to our house at about 1:30am...which made for a tired, tired preggo lady!!!!
Anyways, on Sunday Keith went to work and Dad, Mom and I finished the renovations to the bathroom...new cabinets, counter top, mirror and cabinet over the toilet. And I have to say that it looks BEAUTIFUL!!! Now all we have to do is paint the walls and tile the floor. Dad said that when he is in town next time, he will finish the floor for us (since he knows how to lay tile.)
All in all we had a great visit with GK and Pops, and a great time in Mississippi (and Tennessee). We already miss GK and Pops and cant wait to see them again.
PS...Kade didnt even seem to miss Keith and I while we were gone...no crying or anything...he is getting soo big and independent!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment